Monday, July 9, 2007

Quit Smoking - Day 21

A milestone my friends!!!! Its been 21 days, that's 3 weeks! THREE FREAKING WEEKS that I've not lighted up!!

To add to that, I've managed to survive an onslaught of "smoking temptation". I was having tea with my ex-colleagues earlier yesterday. ALL of my ex-colleagues smoke. And while we were discussing the "absurd" increase of boxed tobacco, one of them asked

"Eh? How come haven't seen you light up today?"

to which I replied :

"I've started to quit smoking.... its almost 3 weeks since I've last smoked"

"Hahahaha DUN BLUFF!!!!"

"Serious! You can check my pockets and even my car. I don't have any cigarettes on me. And I'm not gonna smoke."

"It's OK... You can smoke in front of us. Here, here.... although the prices have just increased I still can afford to "belanja" you a few sticks!!!"

"NO!!!! I DUN WAN!!!! Don't make me waste my effort!!!"

And there.... They were having their tea and puffing happily in front of me, with intermittent asking of "Sure you don't want?" and I managed to withstand the temptation even though I was inhaling 2nd hand smoke all the while!!! LOL!!!

I guest the next "test" I'm gonna attempt will be to go for a couple rounds of beer with me buddies and NOT light up. Next week sounds like a good time..... :P


1 comment:

chouB said...

BIG BIG HUG & KISSES to BEE!! MUACKSSSS!!! ;)))