Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New 7 Wonders Of The World!!

Oh well, apparently other than the SOS Live Earth Concerts (which I will blog about on another day) which were going on over 7 continents on 070707, this was also the day which the new 7 wonders of the world was announced in Lisbon. Oh well, of those finalists that I voted for, only 1 did not get in. Which is to say, 5 of the seven finalists I voted for became the new 7 wonders of the world!!!! Cool eh??? :P

So for those that were UNAWARE of this, (and off hand I could easily point out at least 5 people who won't know about this - my girl being one of them :D) here's the list of the new 7 wonders of the world!!!










Chichén Itzá, Mexico Petra, Jordan












The Roman Colosseum, Italy Machu Picchu, Peru











The Great Wall, China Christ Redeemer, Brazil




Taj Mahal, India






If you went to the official page to check out the finalist, you will be surprised as the Pyramid of Giza, Egypt did not make the cut. The other one which I voted for was Angkor Wat, Cambodia.

Now they are accepting nominations for the 7 Nature Wonders of the World. I've no doubt that the Grand Canyon will be there, most probably the Dead Sea, Great Barrier Reef, etc!!!!!

No comments: