Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ridiculous Idea!!

I was going through today's newspaper and I saw this report. The title says it all : "Bloggers May Have To Register - Government seeks to prevent malicious content"
Oh COME on!!!! Whats wrong with these people?
I had an entry in my blog about the "prequel" of all this hoo-ha about bloggers leading to the events recently. Now they are saying "there were a lot of avenue for anyone to host websites with malicious content which could harm the country's security." HUH?? DUH??.......
There HAS and WILL ALWAYS be avenues and ways which a country's security could be breach. That's why we have the police, that's why we have the various ministries, departments, committees, blah blah blah....And with all the "talent" in the local government, THIS IS THE SUGGESTION THEY CAN COME OUT WITH????
Yes, there's the age old saying "If you are not involved in anything bad, why the fear of letting people know of your identity?" Its not that I want to hide when I'm saying anything bad on my blog, but there ARE personal issues that I would like to only share with family, friends or the online community. I don't NEED and DO NOT WANT the government to know that I fell out of love today, or my pet died yesterday or whatever. And sometimes I would like to receive feedbacks and comments without letting other people know who am I, so that it can be a somewhat honest, truthful and unbiased info.
Although the suggestion is and can only be limited to .my sites, its still such a incomprenhisible idea. Hey.... they were not even so "keen" on violence or ponorgraphy on the internet. Just because of malicious remarks by a certain individual, on a certain minister, on doing "certain things", they get so "excited".
Blogs are in my personal opinion, JUST THAT. PERSONAL OPINIONS. Whether there's any truth to what I blog, I am the only one who knows it. Try and grow a brain and decide for yourself what you read. I am entitled to MY opinion, and if you don't like to read or know other people's opinion, DUN READ THE BLOG!!!
Like I said, responsibility comes from both parties, the bloggers and the readers. There's no doubt that any prominent individual or organisation or government will receive more attention than they would like to. If there's a malicious rumour or post on a blog that is getting so much attention, just do thorough and transparent investigation and also publish it on a blog or anything!! I'm sure the government has much more access to the various media than any individual. Or do they feel starting an investigation everytime something "malicious" comes out is simply too tedious? Come on... if the topic has garnered so much interest and feedback, wouldn't it be good if the facts are clarified once and for all? I don't think there's a need to "meet the people" have "dialogues" etc etc only when elections are near. These sessions can be on blogs, where I think opinions will be more forthcoming.
Instead of making things difficult for bloggers, why not try to think of ways that bloggers could help the government instead?

No comments: