Monday, April 23, 2007

Blue Monday....



Yet another boring Monday, 1st day of the working week when my "engines" have not warmed up yet. Nothing much on TV and so I was surfing around the net. Got some interesting stuff to share!!!

This is actually a set of furniture. Doesn't look like it? Well it actually "opens" up to this:



Hahahaha... this is LIKE!!!!! However I SERIOUSLY doubt I'll ever get it, coz its priced at abt US9000. Hahahahaha yep...... What did expect for an art piece cum furniture???

Ok then I was at the NASA website, admiring the wonders of space and stuffs. Then I came across this photo taken by the famous Hubble Space Telescope.


Apparently this was a very popular picture circulating the internet about a year ago. Sheesh... how come I didn't know about this??? Its popularly known as the "Eye of God".

It is a real picture taken by the telescope although I think they did a little colour enhancing to show the different kinds of gasses. Its actually called the Helix Nebula and its about 650 light years away from Earth. So even with the Enterprise from Star Trek, its gonna take like 65 yrs on warp 10 to reach it. LOL! (BTW warp 1 is 1x the speed of light right? I think my Star Trek knowledge is a little rusty!!)

Well, that's about all the interesting stuff for one night, unless you are interested in PSPs and console games.




No comments: