Saturday, April 21, 2007

Love & Hate

Had an arguement with my ex. It made me ponder over some things. There's a chinese saying that goes "因爱成狠" which means "love turns to hate".

Well so far I haven't had any "terrible" break ups to the point that my ex's have become my "enemies". In fact I made it a point to remain as friends with all of them. So how does loving a person so much can end up in hatred?

To set the record straight, I don't love my ex the way I love a girlfriend anymore. Its just that I've always treated her as family and even though now she's with another guy, I still "love" her just the same.

I wouldn't want to dwell into what we actually argued about, but damn! I was pissed. Maybe to her, as long as I'm not her bf, there's no way she will listen to what I have to say on certain matters. Is it that difficult to believe that your ex does not harbour any "evil" intention and just want you to have a safe and happy life?

If it ever came to a point that I "hate" her, it wouldn't be because of she doesn't love me back or anything like that but because she's was hurt by not heeding my advice. To be honest, I can't see myself hating her at all coz no matter what mistakes she does, I tend to forgive her very easily. I do get angry and we do quarrel but there's always no bad blood. But its at times like this that I realise how easy it can be to hate someone, especially those that you love, because they hurt you.

I have always remembered this : there are 4 things which you can't recover.
  1. The stone......... after the throw.
  2. The word.......... after it has been said.
  3. The occasion........ after the loss.
  4. The time......... after its gone.
So let's try to minimise the things which we will not be able to recover......

No comments: