Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Quit Smoking - Day 4

Hmmm day 4 wasn't as bad as day 3... REALLY... the urges don't occur that often, the "tightness" of the chest area only happens late at night and I don't feel that moody!!!! :)

I almost didn't have the craving to smoke when I woke up early in the morning.... around 8am. :) This has been my daily habit for the last 4 or 5 years. The moment I woke up, I would reach for the cigarettes and light up! I would even keep a last stick from the night before just so that I would have my puff the first thing in the morning!!!

After brushing up and having breakfast only did I think about smoking. And I guess that would constitute the bulk of the urge to smoke for the day. Everytime that I had a meal or a snack, I would inevitable feel a little like lighting up... It really helps that I have not bought any cigarettes since day 1 as I realised that smoking is also a habit to me as well as an addiction. So as long as I can control my urge to buy the cigarettes, I CAN control the nicotine urge.

Just like day 3, I have been eating quite a lot. Supposedly smoking causes "fats" to be burned, and thats why smokers don't feel hungry easily. But at the rate that I'm eating, I should be gaining a few kilos by the end of the month!! (this would definitely please my girlfriend, who's complaining that I'm way to skinny and she can play music by "strumming" my ribs!!!! LOL!!!)


This is how I look now..... I'm gonna post another pic of me... say in a month's time and we'll see if I have indeed gained weight!!!

My only complaint up till now - I can't seem to sleep "properly" anymore. Maybe its also due to the instant coffee that I'm drinking. Nicotine is twice more effective in "preventing" the effects of caffeine than in a normal person. I find it quite difficult to fall asleep and I wake up very easily throughout the night. And with nicotine theoretically gone from my system after 72 hours, maybe I am feeling the effects of caffeine in a more pronounced manner!!!! I think other than quiting the smokes, I'll have to cut down my coffee consumption as well. Talk about leading a healthy life!!!!! Sigh!!!!


Well I was brushing up for the night and I saw this toothbrush. It doesn't belong to me :) Damn!!!! I miss its owner!!!!! Yes, it belongs to my girl and she accidentally left it at my place after her visit last weekend. - I MISS you BB!!!!





I'm gonna surf around, read a little news off my news reader and then hit the sack. We'll see how Day 5 goes. :)

No comments: