Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dumb n Stubborn

This happened in my office today. Errr.... not really a office per se. Cubicle? Nope.... that's not it. Its just my space/desk located within a ceiling height L-shapped partition.

After months of using a Wifi connection for one of the PCs on the office network, my boss decided that we've had enough of inconsistent signal from the wifi router. So we had the Ethernet cable installed and walaaaa everything was smooth as silk. However......

One of my "PC Idiot" colleague came to me and showed me the wifi USB adaptor from that PC we just "cabled". He asked : "So this is what we plug into the PC to get wifi connection rite?" "Yes" I replied.

"Boss is looking for the other antennae that came with this thing. You know where it is?"

"What antennae? There's no such thing. The only antennae we have here is at the router" and I pointed to our wireless DSL Modem/Router

"SO that's what the boss wanted" and he started to unscrew the antennae from the modem.

"WHAT THE F*&%$ ARE YOU DOING?!!" I almost shouted.

Then my also "PC IDIOT" boss came in and asked me "So I just need to plug in this USB to my home computer to get a wireless connection rite?"

"Yes, but unless you have a wireless router, you are not gonna get a signal from our router from 10km away." I replied... a little sarcastically.

"Yes I know! That's why I'm asking him (my colleague) to take out the antennae so that I can fix it at home!"

** I almost fainted **

The the edge of blacking out I told him "It doesn't work that way. The antennae comes with the modem/router. It's not a add-on. You can't fix it to a normal DSL modem you have at home."

Dig this: He gave me a unbelieving look and said "Nevermind I'll just take it back and try anyway."

So I whispered to my colleague : "If he gets a wifi connection by fixing this antennae to his NORMAL DSL modem, I'll chop my manhood off!!!"

Thought of the day : Why do people pretend to be smart even when they know they have absolutely no knowledge in what they are saying/doing or even thinking!!!

No comments: