Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Update on my new Aztech modem/router....

Its wonderful!!! Very fast... almost twice faster in downloading speeds than my precious modem. Initially I kept on experiencing intermittent disconnection from the web, especially my MSN and Google sidebar. However after fiddling with some settings (both modem and PC side), everything's smooth now. And the download speed is just incredible.

Hmmm.... I also reformatted by c: drive as too many "unforced" errors have begun to crop up from my XP system recently. I guess thats to be expected since I install and uninstall plenty of programs constantly, not to mention tweaking of the UI, settings, etc etc.... I guess there comes a time when everything has its limits! No amount of registry cleaning, optimizing could have saved my system :)

Since almost everything was gonna start from fresh, I thought it will be a good idea to have a new Visual Style to my XP system. I don't use the popular WindowBlinds, as no matter how little resources they claim it uses, I just didn't like the idea of the need to run a background program for cosmetic purposes. I prefer the normal VS edits.

I like BLACK.... so this is another black VS that I found. But I have to say, this is also the BEST VS I've found to date. Kudos to the creator!!!

Check it out!!!




No comments: