Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Garden...

Since I was taking photos of the flowering cactus in my garden, I thought might as well take some photos of the "not so common" plants that I have in my garden. :)



This is actually the "purple" chili padi. Yes... its really purple colored and they taste much "hotter" than the red varieties!!! One plant just bear so much of the chilies that my mom usually gives them to my aunty or neighbours.



You guys have to forgive me for not knowing the actual names of these plants as I'm not really a botanist/gardener.... :P

I just remembered that I saw this along the roadside coming to my house and I told my mom that
nowadays they are becoming a little rare. So we decided to plant one in the garden. And my gosh!!! It grew SO BIG!!!

This fella is over 2 metres tall. And the leaves can be used as the "ba1 jiao1 shan4" in Journey to the West!!! :)



This last one is called the "deer's fern" or something like that. You guys won't believe where I got this from. I was actually on a trip to a rubber plantation with my uncle when I saw the little version of this fella growing from a rubber tree. The leaves looks SO nice, and I remembered from my science that they are not parasites which means theoretically they could be planted on ANY surface, provided they get enough sun and water.

So I actually "un-plugged" the plant from the rubber tree and transport it back home!!! Then I tied it around my house column using some wires. After about a month, it got stuck onto the concrete very well and as you can see... its humongous now after growing for about 3 years. And all it needed was just water from us.. :)

Hahahaha... I've got other "rare" plants around... will continue when I'm in the MOOD again... :)

1 comment:

Jeff See said...

i just got to know about this purple cili padi from one of my fren and i did a search about it and found yr blog, wonder where can i find the seed ? or perhaps i can get some from you ? :)